Thursday, August 11, 2011

A clean house

I thought that being a stay at home mom my house would be nice and clean everyday.  Not the case.  I swear my house is more messy with me being home.  I clean all day long and then when my husband gets home from work its a mess again.  My favorite quote is "cleaning up after growing children is like shoveling snow while its still snowing". That's how I feel.  I finish cleaning one room and turn around and there is another mess.  I feel so embarrassed when someone comes over and my house is a mess.  I feel much better when I go to someone else house and they try and apologize for the mess.  No apologies necessary it makes me feel like I'm not the only one. So, if you come to my house and see the mess I'm not going to apologize I have kids and therefore my house will be an eternal mess.  I will never be the type of mom that has an immaculate house that is just not who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Mess, no big deal. Filthy dirty is a whole new story and Your house is not that so you are doing a great job. Ps I like to shovel while its snowing, what does that say about me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't apologize anymore, I've seen comparably worse and some the same(with=amounts of kids). I too shovel while it snows, only because its just me. I don't think it will get better either? Older kids + more friends=more mess. Then come grandkids????

    ReplyDelete