Before I had kids I thought pregnancy was a beautiful thing. Ya, I knew you could get "morning" sickness and stretch marks but that's all I thought could happen. I think more girls should know what can really happen in pregnancy. So, here is a list of things that happened to me.
- Sensitive nipples sometimes even painful. And they change to a darker color.
- Frequent urination. (not just when the baby is big and smashing your bladder)
- Nausea (all day and not just in the morning) and vomiting.
- Bleeding gums
- Dry hair and skin
- Tiredness (not just when your big and can't sleep cause you can't find a comfortable position)
- GAS (gas pain so bad that you think you may go into labor not to mention the urge to fart in a public place)
- Migraines (when I got migraines I would start to lose my peripheral vision) I only got migraines when I was pregnant.
- SWELLING! (with my first pregnancy I had "cankles" because I was so swollen.)
- Increase in vaginal discharge. (and with that comes the smell)
- Sharp abdominal pains from your abdominal muscles being ripped apart to make room for the baby.
- Charlie Horses. (I would get them in my feet.)
- Increased pulse (the first time I was pregnant I thought I was having heart problems)
- Sciatica pain (with the second pregnancy I actually needed physical therapy it was so bad)
- Hemorrhoids (with the added pressure and constipation)
- Shortness of breath
- Pelvic soreness
- Braxton Hicks pain (some were even more painful then labor)
- Weight gain
- Stretch marks (stretch marks in thighs and boobs not just the abdomen)
- Bleeding for at least a month (longest period of my life)
- Huge painful boobs (I thought I would be able to sleep on my stomach after the baby was born but I was wrong)
- Saggy boobs (whether you breastfeed or not)
- Hair loss (around 4 months postpartum) I really wish someone would have said something about this to me before it happened. It scared the crap out of me when it happened.
- Extra loose skin in the abdomen area. (I call it my apron cause it hangs over my pants like an apron)
- Decrease in libido (I could live the rest of my life without sex and would be perfectly happy.)
This is just a list of things that I remember about being pregnant. You tend to forget all the bad stuff after you hold that sweet little baby. Even though its hard there is nothing I wouldn't do for my sweet little baby girls.